Saturday, April 11, 2015

Snacks AKA How I get my kids to eat healthy

So like any mom I am always trying to get my kids to eat healthy and of course my goal is not that they eat it but that they like it and that it tastes good, I know high aspirations right? Although I have had some successes with dinners, I have found my highest success comes with snacks, I think it helps though that the preconceived notion the kids have for snacks is that they taste good and they are a treat, so I have been using that to my advantage of course. So along with making various types of granola and smoothies lately I have been utilizing our new snack subscription box, UrthBox. It is a monthly box that specializes in healthy snacks that are supposed to taste good, I was a little wary at first but I have to say the claim is true and my kids ate almost the whole box themselves, little do they that they are consuming healthy yummies, such as roasted seaweed, quinoa bars etc. So this video gives a sample of the kinds of things UrthBox has and some of the things my hubby and I have been loving as well. Speaking of snacks we are actually out now so guess who has to make some more? Yep, that's me, so I'm off to replenish our supply, hope you enjoy and get some new ideas to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment